23 'AMAZING' Free Online Resources While We're Stuck at Home during Ontario's COVID-19 Emergency Ban
Wednesday Apr 08th, 2020
First, I hope everyone is safe and healthy and following all the protocols in place to keep us this way. It's such an unprecedented time...
But, we're all in this together - inside and in this COVID-19 Emergency Ban in Ontario. We're all at home and wondering what to do. Many of us have kids from Kindergarten up to Grade 12, so we're looking for educational, learning as well as fun activities to do together, or on their/our own.
I've created (with the links) 23 engaging and interesting resources for our kids, and ourselves, to take advantage of while we ride this out. Please share this with everyone you can and if you have more ideas please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or even call/text me directly at 416-721-6041 and I'll add them to the list! Let's help each other through these days and weeks together.
1) 52 Free Educational Websites Parents Can Access While Schools Are Closed https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/31-free-educational-websites-parents-184011175.
2) IXL - Math, Language Arts, Science, Social Students and Spanish https://ca.ixl.com/?fbclid=IwAR0wfZcUbkqKpTF2ku2vKzrZfX3Sm0aWUNeQiv6pncA08Y1lR6uM5jR1z20
3) Fun Math Practice Games https://www.splashlearn.com/
4) Khan Academy https://www.khanacademy.org/
5) Government of Ontario Learn at Home - Find supplementary resources for elementary /secondary students to practice math and literacy skills and learn at home. https://www.ontario.ca/page/learn-at-home
6) Duolingo - learn a new language https://www.duolingo.com/
7) Riddles for you to solve https://blog.ed.ted.com/2016/02/02/can-you-solve-these-5-ted-ed-riddles/
8) Audible has launched a free service called Audible Stories, a database of free audiobooks for children and teenagers https://stories.audible.com/start-listenYork Region District School Board online learning resources http://www.yrdsb.ca/Students/Pages/Online-Resources.aspx
10) YouCubed activity: Mathematical Art - https://www.youcubed.org/wim/mathematical-art-k-12/
11) Home workout ideas for kids http://fitin.live/
12) Learn How To Draw (Free) http://mymodernmet.com/how-to-draw-youtube/
13) Nerdist article explaining that Amazon is streaming shows for free https://nerdist.com/article/amazon-kids-shows-free-streaming/
14) 50 Online Art and Music Resources to Help Kids Learn and Create from Home https://www.boredteachers.com/resources/50-online-art-and-music-resources-to-help-kids-learn-and-create-from-home
15) 42 Fun Websites to Learn and Teach Social Studies From Home https://www.boredteachers.com/resources/42-fun-websites-to-learn-and-teach-social-studies-from-home
16) 40 Science Websites to Keep Kids Engaged and Entertained at Home https://www.boredteachers.com/resources/40-science-websites-to-keep-kids-engaged-and-entertained-at-home
17) 100 resources for gifted kids (from the arts to the sciences and everything in between) https://www.notsoformulaic.com/resources-gifted-kids/
18) TU20 Choose Your Own Adventure - a series of creative challenges where you and your friends get to become the CEO of your own business with TU20! Collaborate with friends and apply your skills to solve problems real businesses are facing! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfY8BoJkHJJL0VEj8PVQBrLxe8XzObKbovXHAb2z1p6JhYV6g/viewform
19) GoNoodle online workouts and games for children and families https://www.gonoodle.com/for-families/
20) Activities from NASA https://www.nasa.gov/?mc_cid=174a87ae52&mc_eid=744b8ba4fb
21) Open Access to Pearson Canada K-12 Resources at Home https://www.pearsoncanadaschool.com/index.cfm?locator=PS3eZw
22) STEM Village is a fun educational tool where grade school students can develop skills in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Learning content is based on the Ontario curriculum. Together, families can create individual learning plans, track progress, and even set custom rewards based on their own preferences. Find STEM Village in the Online Library under eLearning. https://www.newmarketpl.ca/en/collections/online-library.aspx?_mid_=17682#